Applications for Goldsmiths’ Fair 2019 will open on Friday 4 January 2019.
On this date a link will be available on this page that will take you to the online application form.
If you have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair in the last 3 years (since 2015 not inclusive) you will need to submit a piece to support your application. Details of this process will be included in the application form.
Please check your eligibility below.
We look forward to receiving your application.
Applicants must conform to the following (details on Graduate Bursary below):
• Each piece exhibited must include precious metal(s)
• Represent themselves and not act as an agent for others
• Live and work in the UK
• Apply with work that has been designed and made in the UK. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g. a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form)
• Preference will be given to ‘designer-makers’ who contribute hand-skills to the finished product however in some unique cases designers who do little or no ‘making’ will be accepted.
• Employ fewer than six people at the bench
• Must not be in full time education at the time of application
• Must be available to man their stand at all times during the Fair
• Intend to exhibit goods that are compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973
• Be in agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations (to be provided upon successful application)
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, there are 10 free stands on offer each year at Goldsmiths’ Fair through the Graduate Bursary Scheme.
Winners of the bursary receive:
• a free stand at Goldsmiths’ Fair
• a £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair
• an optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000
• mentoring opportunities at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
To be eligible you must:
• meet all the standard eligibility requirements
• have graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five years
• and have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair before
There is no age requirement.