Early last spring, at the height of the first wave of the pandemic, the Company took the decision to offer all 2020 exhibitors an automatic place in 2021, because we wanted them to have the opportunity to take up their physical stand and enjoy the full benefits that come with this prestigious event. We will be honouring that commitment, which means that
THE APPLICATION PROCESS FOR THE 2021 EVENT WILL NOT OPEN.
We very much look forward to receiving your applications in 2022, when we will celebrate our 40-year anniversary. We plan to release new content later in the year to support anyone who wishes to apply for a place to exhibit at the Fair 2022, giving people plenty of time to prepare their application. We would very much welcome and encourage applications from those who have not exhibited with us before.
Applicants must conform to the following (details on Graduate Bursary below):
• Each piece exhibited must include precious metal(s)
• Represent themselves and not act as an agent for others
• Live and work in the UK
• Apply with work that has been designed and made in the UK. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g. a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form)
• Preference will be given to ‘designer-makers’ who contribute hand-skills to the finished product however in some unique cases designers who do little or no ‘making’ will be accepted.
• Employ fewer than six people at the bench
• Must not be in full time education at the time of application
• Must be available to man their stand at all times during the Fair
• Intend to exhibit goods that are compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973
• Be in agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations (to be provided upon successful application)
Graduate Bursary Scheme
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, there are 10 free stands on offer each year at Goldsmiths’ Fair through the Graduate Bursary Scheme.
Winners of the bursary receive:
• a free stand at Goldsmiths’ Fair
• a £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair
• an optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000
• mentoring opportunities at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
To be eligible you must:
• meet all the standard eligibility requirements
• have graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five years
• and have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair before
There is no age restriction.
Following the success of the Gallery Stands in 2019, we will be expanding this option of stand for 2020, offering exhibitors the opportunity to put their work on open display.
No cabinets will be provided, and instead we will be offering the wall space, shelves and white plinths. How much space and what you would need in that space can vary and we will examine each application individually.
We understand that this will provoke the need to consider your stand in greater detail and we would like you to see this as an opportunity to rethink how you display your work. We also understand that you may not be able to have a clear vision of what it could look like until a little later in the year, so we will be keeping communications open with those makers that are allocated these stands.
If this type of stand sounds of interest but you are unsure how it could work for you, you can discuss with Hugh Curthoys, Events and Marketing Executive: email@example.com