Applications to exhibit at Goldsmiths’ Fair 2018 have now opened and close at 9am on 26 February. The Goldsmiths’ Fair Selection Committee will meet in March and applicants will be advised of the outcome thereafter. From 25 September – 7 October 2018, Goldsmiths’ Fair will showcase the finest new collections from talented UK-based designer-makers. Last year, 126 exhibitors (92 jewellers and 34 silversmiths) took part and more than 8,000 people visited the event.
Applicants must conform to the following:
• Each piece exhibited must include precious metal(s)
• Represent themselves and not act as an agent for others
• Live and work in the UK
• Apply with work that has been designed and made in the UK by the applicant
themselves. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g.
a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form)
• Employ fewer than six people at the bench
• Must not be in full time education at the time of application
• Must be available to man their stand at all times during the Fair
• Intend to exhibit goods that are compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973
• Be in agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations (to be provided
upon successful application)
Graduate Bursary Scheme:
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, there are 10
free stands on offer each year at Goldsmiths’ Fair through the Graduate Bursary Scheme.
Winners of the bursary receive:
• a free stand at Goldsmiths’ Fair
• a £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair
• an optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000
• mentoring opportunities at the Goldsmiths’ Centre
To be eligible you must:
• meet all the standard eligibility requirements
• have graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five
• and have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair before
There is no age requirement.