We are delighted to be bringing a selection of Goldsmiths’ Fair makers to Collect for the first time. We will be showcasing some of the UK’s best craftsmen working in precious metals and debuting many brand new pieces from Goldsmiths’ Fair makers, to be revealed on Thursday! Follow us on social media to be amongst the […]
Introduced in 2011, Collect Open shines a light on individual makers, and provides a platform to present exceptional new works at a much larger scale. Included amongst the 14 makers in 2018 is Goldsmiths’ Fair exhibitor, Juliette Bigley. Juliette will be presenting a new work, TABLE, her first installation and her largest work today to […]
The Goldsmiths’ Company is fifth in the order of precedence of the Great Twelve Livery Companies in the City of London. But what does that mean? In a recording of a lecture given to the Members’ History Group, Dr Timothy Schroder discusses the history and establishment of the order of precedence of the ‘Great Twelve’.
Jewellers Maya Selway and David McCaul in conversation with Janice Hosegood at Goldsmiths’ Fair 2017. Maya and David talk about their own unique styles, and how they guide their clients through the commissioning process – discussing the types of metal and gemstones and the design process. Both also reflect on the benefits of the commissioning […]
– PODCAST – As part of our Goldsmiths’ Fair 2017 talks programme, jeweller and Woman’s Hour Crafts Prize finalist Romilly Saumarez Smith was joined in conversation by Lucie Gledhill, Anna Wales and jewellery authority Janice Hosegood. Romilly’s work aims to transform the stories contained in discarded everyday objects, such as dress pins found in the […]
– PODCAST – As part of the Goldsmiths’ Fair 2017 Breakfast Talk programme, we were delighted to welcome Maria Doulton, Editor-in-Chief and co-Founder of The Jewellery Editor. Maria spoke about Red Carpet Jewellery, and its influence on larger trends. A selection of images from the talk are available below.
– PODCAST – As part of our Goldsmiths’ Fair 2017 talks programme, we were delighted to welcome to Catrin Jones, Curator of Decorative Arts at the Holborne Museum. In this abridged version of her Breakfast Talk, Catrin speaks about understanding the surface of silver, and how silversmiths can transform the surface of silver by creating […]
– PODCAST – As part of our 2017 Goldsmiths’ Fair talks programme, we were delighted to welcome Dr Julia Farley, Curator of British and European Iron Age Collections at The British Museum, to talk on the subject of Gold in Britain 2,500 years ago with particular reference to the recent discovery of the ‘Leekfrith’ Torcs […]
– PODCAST – As part of the Goldsmiths’ Fair 2017 talks programme, Eleni Bide, Goldsmiths’ Company Librarian, discussed the drawings of Omar Ramsden and the Artificers’ Guild and their connection to Arts and Crafts aesthetics and ideals. The Company’s archives date back to the 14th century, and the Library’s collections include over 8,000 books and over […]