No products in the cart.
Jewellers and silversmiths are eligible to apply for, and exhibit at, Goldsmiths’ Fair if they meet all of the following criteria:
• Applying with work where each piece includes precious metal(s),
• Representing themselves and not solely acting as an agent for others,
• Living and working in the UK,
• Apply with work that has been designed and made in the UK. (If the applicant has used the specialist techniques of another tradesman e.g. a spinner/caster/engraver etc., these must be detailed on the application form)
• Preference will be given to ‘designer-makers’ who contribute hand-skills to the finished product however in some unique cases designers who do little or no ‘making’ will be accepted.
• Employing six people or fewer at the bench,
• Not in full time education at the time of application,
• Able to attend their stand at all times during the Fair,
• Intending to exhibit goods that are compliant with the UK Hallmarking Act 1973,
• In agreement with all Terms & Conditions and Rules & Regulations.
Goldsmiths' Fair prioritises new work. Applicants are encouraged to submit new designs for consideration by the selection panel. Ultimately exhibitors can show both new and older work, though applications are judged on evidence of creative development. Exhibitors can apply for a stand in either Week One or Week Two.
All applicants must send in ONE physical example of work for the panel to view - unless you exhibited at Goldsmiths' Fair in 2016, 2017 or 2018.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT IF YOU DO NOT USE THE SAVE AND CONTINUE LATER BUTTON BELOW AND YOU CLOSE THE WINDOW, YOUR FORM WILL BE LOST
To encourage and support the next generation of jewellers and silversmiths, there are 10 free stands on offer each year at Goldsmiths’ Fair through the Graduate Bursary Scheme.
Winners of the bursary receive:
• a free stand at Goldsmiths' Fair,
• a £1,500 grant to help prepare towards the Fair,
• an optional interest-free silver bullion loan of up to £3,000,
• and mentoring opportunities at the Goldsmiths’ Centre.
To be eligible you must:
• meet all the standard eligibility requirements,
• have graduated (from an HND/BA/MA or Goldsmiths’ Apprenticeship) in the last five years,
• and have not exhibited at Goldsmiths’ Fair before.
• There is no age requirement.
• You will need to upload five professional jpeg images (300dpi) with your application.
• Images can be a maximum size of 1MB. You will not be able to upload larger images or images of a different format.
• The images should show a coherent range of your recent work.
• It is the first and main point of reference that the Goldsmiths' Fair panel will use in their selection.
• Please DO NOT upload CAD drawings as this will not count as an image submission.
• We do not recommend photographing your work on live models.
• A plain or white background is preferred.
• Please re-title your images with your surname e.g. SMITH 1
• Please note: if you are accepted we may draw on these images for use on social media. Please do not upload anything you would be unhappy with Goldsmiths' Fair using.